DIFFICULTY: Moderate Difficult
HIGHEST ALTITUDE: 3,660 m
DURATION: 8 Days
Day time temperature: 8°C
Night time temperature: -5°C
Ask any mountaineer or adventure enthusiast, be it an experienced individual or an amateur about trekking the Himalayas and he/she will simply swear by Pindari Glacier Trek! Situated in the Bageshwar district, Pindari Glacier has lured trekkers and mountaineers since time immemorial. Spread over 3.2 km long and 1.5 km wide area, the Pindari Glacier Trekking route offers trekkers spectacular views of the stunning Nanda Kot and snow-capped Nanda Devi peaks.
One of the most loved glacier treks all over the world, Pindari Glacier Trek in India acts as a ‘complete meal’ for trekkers. As starters, you will have to pass through level walks amidst rhododendron forests. Next, you will have to traverse through varied spider-walls, mountain ridges and streams. The Zero Point at 12,300 feet comes as the appealing dessert which will give you immense joy. What makes the trek more unique is that it is suited perfectly even for families. The whole trek can be enjoyed by our Pindari Glacier Trek Guide in India.
The trail will offer you great amazing views of beautiful river crossings and cascading waterfalls while trekking from Dhakuri to Dwali. The dense forests will amaze you once again in Phurkiya and even hold your senses to witness the scenic beauty of the Himalayas. Thus, while taking on the Pindari Trek, you can be assured that the long trail will offer breathtaking experiences of the snow-clad peaks, cascading waterfalls, the sacred river, spouting streams, rich flora and fauna.
The Pindari Glacier flows to the south for about 3 km, giving rise to the Pindari River that meets river Alakananda at the convergence of Karnaprayag in the Garhwal district. Another popular attraction is the Kafni Glacier Trek which splits from Dwali. Though the village life of the neighbourhood is very simple, you can be assured of remarkable reception.
Need Pindari Glacier Trek guide in India to take on this glorious trek? Approach WeTrekkers Adventures today, book the best Pindari Glacier Trekking packages in India and start packing your bag!
Day 1: Kathgodam to Bageshwar.(Cab)
Day 2: Bageshwar to Kharkiya and Trek to Khati Village.
Day 3: Khati to Dwali (11 km approx, 5 – 6 hrs)
Day 4: Dwali to Phurkiya ( 7 km, 4 – 5 hours) Acclimatization Day.
Day 5: Phurkiya to Pindari-0 Point and back to Phurkiya(14 km approx – 6 – 7 hours)
Day 6: Phurkiya to Khati (18 km approx, 5 – 6 hrs)
Day 7: Khati to Kharkiya, (16 KM trek, 6 – 7 hours), Jeep drive from Kharkiya to Bageshwar.
Day 8: Bageshwar to Kathgodam.(Cab)
• Transport from Bageshwar to Bageshwar .
• All necessary permits
• Accommodation (trekkers hut, Home stay, camps, Tents) with sleeping bag and sleeping mat
• Food while on trek (Veg.+Non Veg)
• Trek Leader, Guide and Support staff.
• First Aid. Oxygen & crampon,
• Entry fees
• Food during the transit.
• Any kind of personal expenses.
• Personal equipments : axe, trekking pole.
• Mules or porter to carry personal luggage.
• Anything not specifically mentioned.
1. Backpack (45-55 L) with sturdy straps and supporting frame.
2. Knap pack (20L) optional
3. Trekking shoes – no sports shoes. (With Rubber Sole, high ankle)
4. 3 trek pants
5. 4 tees with collar
6. Full sleeves sweater (not too thick).
7. A full sleeves fleece jacket.
8. A full sleeve thick jacket or something similar.
9. 1 pair of thermal inners (optional)
10. Sports socks.
11. Woolen monkey cap
12. Wind cheater Or a light rain coat/poncho.
13. Woolen hand gloves + synthetic glove (water proof).
14. Sun glasses (polarized or UV protected)
16. Cold cream & sun screen lotion (SPF 40+).
17. Lip balm.
18. Carry 2 Water bottles (1 L each).
19. Personal toilet kit and toilet papers
20. Personal medicine kit
a. Coca 30 – 30 ml
b. Crocin – 6 tablets
c. Avomine – 4 tablets
d. Avil 25mg – 4 tablets
e. Combiflam – 4 tablets
f. Disprin – 6 tablets
g. Norflox TZ– 6 tablets
h. Crepe bandage – 3 to 5 meters
i.Band aid – 10 strips
j. Eno – 6 Satches
k. Cotton – 1 small roll
l. ORS – 5 packets
m. Betadine or any antiseptic cream
n. Volini Spray(small)
21. Small repair kit consisting of safety pins, needle, thread and string
22. LED Torch with 2 extra set of cells.
23. Camera, memory-cards, batteries etc (carry enough spare batteries. Electricity is not available on the slopes or at the base camp)
24. While packing, use plastic bags to compartmentalize things and carry few extra plastic bags.
25. Trekking pole/Stick is mandatory.
26. Carry lots of dry fruits, chocolates combinations as snacks. Chewing gums
27. Travel coffee mug n plate
28. Soap Strip
29. One Candle , lighter
If for some reason you wish to cancel the trek, email intimation (firstname.lastname@example.org) needs to
be sent to along with telephonic information.
The cancellation charges are as under:
Cancellations prior to 45 days from the start of the trek : 100% refund
Cancellation between 45 days and 30 from the start of the trek : 75% refund
Cancellation between 30 days and 20 days to the start of the trek : 50% refund
Cancellation less than 20 days to the start of the trek : no refund
Client Safety Is Our Top Priority
No matter how short or long your tour is, the safety of our tourists is our top priority. Before any expedition starts, we prepare detailed tour plan and create alternate plans for emergency situations. We even implement backup strategy of keeping duplicate schedules, tour details, route plans and guest lists.
Wide Collection Of Quality Equipment
Each piece of equipment that is used on our tours is owned by us. As dedicated professionals, we ensure that every piece of our equipment remains in the best condition every time. We pay close attention to equipment excellence to ensure the safety of our guests. Be it your need of rubber sleeping mats, binoculars, dome tents or GPS sets, our collection of equipment has everything that you need.
Good Nutritious Meals
Tourists availing our Best Pindari Glacier Trekking packages in India can be assured of enjoying excellent meals during their tour. Our skilled chef prepares healthy and nutritionally balanced meals for our clients in the most hygienic manner. To ensure that our food doesn’t have any negative effect on you, we even discuss about your allergies and food preferences.
We are widely recognised for practicing eco-friendly tourism. Preserving the beauty of the locations we tour is a culture that is installed in all our professionals. We have even established guidelines which are strictly followed by our staff to ensure that the environment doesn't get affected.
“Contact us to know more about our trek!”